Sunday 2 June 2013

A few more ideas.

Looking for more ideas in between pulling weeds and collecting clay from the local beach.
This little beauty of an idea needs to go on my agenda.

It is a home-made fire pit.  You can find directions here:  http://www.theartofdoingstuff.com/how-to-make-a-personal-fire-pit-for-cheap/
I am probably thinking about cosy fires now because the weather just went from summer back to early spring.  We have had some brilliant summer weather here, but last night and today a cooler temperature and rain set in.  I need cozy and I need it now.

I have been pricing benches and even looking at the 'give away' section of the local want ads, but I want something special and with a bit of character that won't have to be brought in for the winter or covered up and babied.  
I came across this:  

With 12 cinder blocks and some 4x4x10 topped off with a nice cushion and pillows that can be bought ready-made for cheaps and then brought into the house and stored for the winter, this is a clear idea winner.  How cute will solar cell lights look in the hollows of those cinder blocks? I clearly have a plan now and best I get on to it.
(Why am I collecting clay from the local beach?  Patience, young padawan.  All will be revealed.)

I was wonderfully thrilled to be contacted today by a lady planning a Bachelorette Party.  The bride-to-be is an organic chemist and has been wanting to learn more about soap making.  This is going to be fun.  Photos and details posted if they give me permission.  


No comments:

Post a Comment